HUAWEI Mate 9 launch
3 November, 2016 - Dolce Hotel, Munich (Germany). During an exclusive global launch event, Huawei Consumer Business Group unveiled two of the most anticipated devices of the year, the HUAWEI Mate 9 and the exclusive PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate 9, the latter of which will be a "strictly limited edition".
Huawei Mate 9 will be made available in China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, and the UAE in the first wave of launches, with a suggested retail price of EUR 699 inclusive of taxes. Other countries will follow soon after, Huawei says. The company separately also unveiled the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9, with a EUR 1,395 price tag. The Huawei Fit activity tracker was also launched.
Following on from the Mate 8 device revealed by Huawei early last year, the company was keen to promote the peak performance of its new flagship. In fact, the two devices succeeded the Mate 8, although they share the same name, they are considerably different.
Huawei Mate 9 series models could be the devices that allows the Chinese company to take the fight to traditional Android heavyweights such as Samsung, HTC and LG.
Richard Yu, CEO, Huawei Consumer Business Group, says:
“In developing the HUAWEI Mate 9, we started with a simple question – how can we improve every element of the smartphone experience? We know that for today’s business users, a fast and functional smartphone is just the beginning. Consumers also want a gorgeous design and intuitive features, so we created two new devices at the forefront of hardware and software innovation. The result is the new Mate Series, breathtakingly new, inside and out.”
The HUAWEI Mate 9 features a dynamic interplay of industry-leading hardware and advanced software that work together to keep users a step ahead. Key features include:
- Kirin 960 chipset, the world’s highest performing smartphone processor*
- EMUI 5.0, an intuitive user interface that streamlines the users’ experience with the OS
- SuperCharge technology that delivers a full day’s charge in 20 minutes
- Second generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and Hybrid Zoom, featuring a superior 2x magnification
- Machine learning feature, to ensure the device understands a user’s daily habits, like which apps are used more frequently and it will put them within easy reach.